As a College community, we have a shared understanding of acceptable and unacceptable student behaviour. Collectively, we strive to maintain a respectful learning and teaching environment, promote safety, and deter behaviour that threatens individuals or property.
NSCC's Student Code of Conduct (PDF 73.9KB) and Academic Integrity Policy (PDF 45.6KB) are part of a suite of policies and procedures used to maintain a minimum standard of behaviour and address any misconduct that occurs.
As members of a College community, students are required to:
- Demonstrate Citizenship by complying with the law and with all NSCC Policies.
- Act with Civility by behaving in a manner that is respectful of other members of the College community.
- Act with Honesty and Integrity in all aspects of teaching, learning, and in your dealings with other members of the College community. This would include refraining from academic dishonesty, copyright infringement and plagiarism.
- Refrain from Negative or Harmful Interpersonal Interactions by being respectful of the physical, emotional and mental well-being of other members of the College community.
- Refrain from Substance Misuse/Abuse
- Respect Property including property of the College, other members of the College community and third parties.
- Refrain from Inappropriate Online Activity – remember that the same expectations apply to social media, email.
All College Policies and Procedures are available online. If you have questions about the Student Code of Conduct or any College policies, you can speak with Student Services, a faculty member or the Academic Chair for your program.
Ready to apply?Apply
Need help? Contact us:
Hours of Operation
Monday to Thursday:
8 AM – 5 PM
Friday: 8 AM – 4:30 PM
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Mailing Address from outside Canada:
Use Courier address:
5685 Leeds St.
Halifax, NS B3K 4M2
P.O. Box 220
Halifax, NS B3J 2M4