Casino Trực Tuyến：Safety Courses
NSCC is committed to safety education. All NSCC students in a program, with the exception of ALP are required to take SAFE 1000 and SAFE 1001. While ALP students are not required to take these safety courses, they have access to do so if they choose.
- Students who start in September are required to successfully complete these two courses by September 30. Students who start in September will be given access to the courses in August. Students starting a program at other times during the year are expected to complete the courses within 4 weeks from the start of classes.
- These courses are provided to all students enrolled in a NSCC program. SAFE 1000 and SAFE 1001 provide a basic introduction to Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS). These courses also establish a foundation for more specific safety practices students may learn as part of their program.
How to access your courses?
- Online - To get started you will need your NSCC user id and password which is e-mailed to you
- In-Person - available during Fall, Winter and Spring semesters at select campuses. Dates will be displayed at nscc.ca/coned.
Transfer Credit: If you have already received OH&S and/or WHMIS certification from an accepted trainer, you can request a transfer credit.
To request a transfer credit, complete the Transfer Credit Form (PDF 424KB), attach a copy of your certification card(s) and submit it to Student Services at your campus.
- Annapolis Valley Regional School Board
- Automotive Trades Association Atlantic Canada (Dartmouth) - OH&S/WHMIS
- CFK Inc./Minas Basin Pulp and Paper Co. Ltd. - OH&S/WHMIS
- Courtney's First Aid and Safety Training Inc. (Lower Sackville) - OH&S/WHMIS
- Frontline Safety - OH&S/WHMIS
- Highland Resources Career College (Sydney) - OH&S/WHMIS
- IMP Group/Aerospace Division
- Maritime Drilling Schools Ltd - Nova Scotia Campus (Sydney) - OH&S/WHMIS
- Maritime Environmental Training Institute
- Nova Scotia Construction Safety Association - OH&S/WHMIS
- Nova Scotia Safety Council - OH&S/WHMIS
- Occupational Health and Educational Services (2002) - OH&S/WHMIS
- Precision Finished Components/Tesma International (Sydney) - OH&S/WHMIS
- St. John's Ambulance (Branches across Canada follow the same OH&S/WHMIS curriculum)
- The Shaw Company